Friday, May 15, 2009

Frugal Living

There hasn't been many times in my life when I haven't had to struggle to make ends meet. When my children were small, we always had gardens, fruit trees, goats, milk cow, chickens, turkeys etc. This helped immensely and it seemed that feeding all those animals didn't cost alot. I always canned fruit and vegeys, made my own bread, crackers, desserts and just made do. Bought food in bulk, ground my own flour, made cheese and yogurt.
Now it's hard to grow a lot because of where we live.
We still make do though. I make a lot of stews and soups, because it stretches the groceries farther.
It's definely a challenge now for everyone I suppose.
We just have to tightened up our belts and keep on keeping on.
Make do or do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
I wold love to hear from you!
Let me know what you think about the way we live.