Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Three Against the Wilderness"


That's the title of the book that got me started on the quest for living in the wilderness.
If you ever get a chance to read this book, you will see why i live up here. It is written by Eric Collier.
When I was a young girl, this book had a profound effect on me and the way I wanted to live.
How blessed am I to have come across someone who is related to the Author and who has become a dear friend to me.
Together we took our horses and rode in to the old "Three Against the Wilderness" homestead.
What an Awesome Experience that was! We actually live right by the old place.
Of all the places I have lived and homesteaded this is the place that I have come to love and cherish with my heart, soul and spirit!
Both my husband( who's father was one of the original homesteaders around these parts) and I (Wendy-Lou) believe that we are here to protect the wilderness , the flora and fauna, to the best of our abilities and feel blessed and honored to be able to do this most sacred of undertakings.
love and light,
wildernesswoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
I wold love to hear from you!
Let me know what you think about the way we live.